The National Curriculum for Physical Education aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives
The whole school PE curriculum map is designed to ensure continuity and progression across the Key stages.
- The Norwood PE school uniform is plain black shorts and a plain white T – shirt. Pupils will often be expected to be bare foot, although plimsolls may be worn if the child has an infection on their feet. Pupils should wear clothing suitable for the weather conditions for outdoor PE including a tracksuit top and bottoms which are either grey of black. Jumpers should not have hoods due to health and safety concerns. Watches must be removed and long hair securely tied back. Earrings need to be removed for PE (which needs to be done independently) or plasters (provided by home) need to cover the earrings.
SOKE Cluster Opportunities
Throughout the year each year groups gets an opportunity to participate in the school cluster competitions at Arthur Mellows Village College. In school, children every other term represent their class in the Mat Warn Cup and the winning class for Year 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6 are presented with the trophy. Inter-house competitions alternate with this, which provides every pupil across school the opportunity to compete and earn valuable points for their house. Children from Key Stage 2 are also chosen to represent the school in the competitions throughout the year including hockey, football, athletics and netball.