At Norwood, we follow the Cambridgeshire Personal Development Programme for PSHCE. It teaches children about how to be a good, honest citizen in their community and how they can be healthy and safe individuals.
In Key Stage 1 children are taught to:
- Understand how to be a good friend to other including aspects of Anti Bullying.
- Express their feelings and emotions and strategies to enable them to cope with new emotions and feelings.
- Discover ways of looking after our environment.
- Keep healthy and safe.
- Look after our money and what impact it has if we do not.
In Key Stage 2 children are also taught:
- To understand how rules and rights affect us and other people around us.
- Discover ways of earning money and spending it wisely.
- To now that we are all different and what features we have that make us similar and different.
- How to cope with change in our life and strategies to deal with these emotions and feelings.
In Years 5 and 6 children are also taught SRE (Sexual Relationship Education) to learn about issues including sexual reproductive organs, changes in the body and how friendship and relationships can develop.