Norwood Primary School is proud to be working with PiXL (Partners in Excellence) and are part of a collaborative nationwide group that is focussed on improving life chances for children within our schools.
The PiXL approach ensures that partner schools; share a strong vision and strategy for improving outcomes for children; outcome proven good practice, high quality resources, clear and consistent procedures for tracking and monitoring.
What the PiXL programme involves:
- assessing the children in reading, writing, maths, grammar and punctuation
- pinpointing gaps in children’s knowledge
- accessing resources that can be tailored to fill these gaps
- supporting learning at home through apps and a raft of materials tailored to individual needs
- increasing self-esteem and improving outcomes for our children
If you would like to find out more about the programme you can access the PiXL website by clicking on the link.
From Year 2 to Year 6, children are provided with their own log in for the PiXL tables app.
This app allows children to learn, rehearse and celebrate their multiplication knowledge and fluency - your devices does need 'Flash Player' which can be downloaded here.