Welcome back I hope you are safe and well.
Next term we are beginning our learning journey with a topic on Food, Glorious Food. Following on from this we will look at children around the world and discover what is the same and what is different. After this we will review the current situation and then hopefully plan a topic for when we are all back! (We can live in hope!).
Key Vocabulary; Healthy, Growth, Predict, Energy, Vitamins, Root, Weather, Soil, Seed
We will also have a focus on knowledge and Understanding of the World. We will be thinking about science principles, for example, floating and sinking, changes over time, reversible and irreversible changes. We will also have a focus on observation and getting the children to describe what they see.
As we approach Easter we will look at the Easter Story. We will be writing about it, painting and exploring our Easter garden.
Here are the targets we are working towards this term:
- To read and write CVC (consonant vowel consonant) words e.g. mad, tap, dad, bin
- To count 1- 20 forwards and backwards reliably and recognise and write numbers 1-20
- 2D and 3D shape
- To estimate and count objects reliable to 20
- Halving and doubling to 10
- To practise retelling stories of their making
- Reading at home
- Addition and Subtraction to 10/20
If you feel your child has already achieved these you could support us by:
- Halving and doubling to 20
- Number sentences with missing numbers e.g. ? +? =10 or ? +3 =15 or ? +? +? =12
- Writing sentences using their set 1 and set 2 sounds
- Counting in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
World Book Day 4th March 2021
Red Nose Day 19th March 2021
End of term 25th March 2021
Children return to school 12th April 2021